Assessment of statistics on work relationships and labour informality
a) General objective
Advance in the statistical harmonization for the measurement of work relationship and informality statistics, incorporating good practices of the countries of the region, that will enable identification of progress and challenges in this area, as well as gender gaps.
b) Specific objectives
- Promote, among countries, the conceptual and methodological harmonization of labour statistics with the new international ILO standards for statistics on work relationships, adopted at the twentieth ICLS (2018).
- Based on the best practices for measuring informality in the region, highlight the fundamental consensus on its identification, the possibilities of measuring the informal economy and its components in statistical programmes, produce a wider range of indicators, and draft a road map for improving measurement of informality statistics.
- Create spaces for dissemination of progress on the project, through virtual meetings, regional workshops and other activities.
- Contribute to gender equality by identifying the impact of statistical standards on labour relations and informality on the analysis of gender gaps in the labour market.
- Prepare a methodological document compiling progress made, challenges and good practices in the adoption of ILO international standards for the measurement of statistics on labour relations and informality.