Assessment of statistics on work relationships and labour informality
Instituto Nacional de Estadísticas (INE) of Chile
Instituto Nacional de Estadística y Geografía (INEGI) of Mexico
International Labour Organization (ILO)
Statistics Division of ECLAC
National Institute of Statistics and Censuses (INDEC) of Argentina
Statistical Institute of Belize
Instituto Nacional de Estadística (INE) of Boliva
Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics (IBGE)
Departamento Administrativo Nacional de Estadística (DANE) of Colombia
Instituto Nacional de Estadística y Censos (INEC) of Costa Rica
Oficina Nacional de Estadística e Información (ONEI) of Cuba
Instituto Nacional de Estadística y Censos (INEC) of Ecuador
General Directorate of Statistics and Censuses (DIGESTYC) of El Salvador
Instituto Nacional de Estadística (INE) of Paraguay
National Institute of Statistics and Informatics (INEI) of Perú
Oficina Nacional de Estadística (ONE) of Dominican Republic
Banco Central de la República Dominicana
Instituto Nacional de Estadística (INE) of Uruguay
a) General objective
Advance in the statistical harmonization for the measurement of work relationship and informality statistics, incorporating good practices of the countries of the region, that will enable identification of progress and challenges in this area, as well as gender gaps.
b) Specific objectives
- Promote, among countries, the conceptual and methodological harmonization of labour statistics with the new international ILO standards for statistics on work relationships, adopted at the twentieth ICLS (2018).
- Based on the best practices for measuring informality in the region, highlight the fundamental consensus on its identification, the possibilities of measuring the informal economy and its components in statistical programmes, produce a wider range of indicators, and draft a road map for improving measurement of informality statistics.
- Create spaces for dissemination of progress on the project, through virtual meetings, regional workshops and other activities.
- Contribute to gender equality by identifying the impact of statistical standards on labour relations and informality on the analysis of gender gaps in the labour market.
- Prepare a methodological document compiling progress made, challenges and good practices in the adoption of ILO international standards for the measurement of statistics on labour relations and informality.